Saturday June 14, 2014
Onset Village, MA
Sprint Triathlon: 1/3 Mile Swim, 10 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run
In Conjunction with:
Cape Cod with out the Traffic!
Escape the Cape Tri has quickly become a regional favorite! You'll experience a beautiful seaside community with scenic views of secluded Onset
your family and friends, as this race has the BEST views of any triathlon! Stick around for our awesome Post Race Festival with sponsors and your
included BBQ under the big tent!
Escape the Cape Triathlon Festival from Tim Richmond on Vimeo.
Some highlights include:
- Secluded bay point-to-point swim - no buoy turns because we walk on the beach to the in-water start and swim 1-way back towards the transition area.
- Picturesque Onset Bay - the transition area, spectator viewing and post-race festivities are all located together at Onset Pier. Easy access for everyone and steps from town.
- Post-race feast - free to all participants and a nominal fee to guests. Celebrate your accomplishment with some good food, friends and music.
- Giveaways galore - the race has been embraced by lots of local businesses, so they're showing appreciation with great freebies (random race #s selected).
- Location: Cape Cod without the Bridges - we referred to Onset as a diamond in the rough since it's beautiful, quaint and full of great shops.. Oh yeah, it's just off the highway, so no traffic hassles too.
- Saturday race - gives you a nice recovery - family day on Sunday without the race on your mind. Come for the weekend and enjoy local restaurants, shops and inns. Wareham and Onset are ready to host Triathletes.
- Vendor tents - hand-picked vendors that triathletes always relate to.
- Special Wetsuit Offer - all registrants receive a chance to take advantage of a 50% off special offer from our sponsor Xterra Wetsuits! Simply use coupon code R-Max upon checkout. (Certain Restrictions Apply)
Registration - Opens the 1st week in January 2014
|Escape the Cape Triathlon
||Price on 5.6.13*
|*If race is not sold out- race day registration is an additional $15 to the last price listed
|*Non USAT Members add $12 one day fee
|*RELAY TEAMS: Each member must pay $12 USAT one day Fee
*Each team member’s information must be entered at the time of registration. You will not be able to ADD members to your team once your transaction is complete.
Did I register for this race? Click here to get an email confirmation:
This 1/3 Mile bay swim is protected deep in Onset Bay, so on the windiest days, it's calm in Onset.
The swim course is a point-to-point style, set in shallow waters along the coast. We walk together from
the transition area to the swim start at Shell Point. From there, it's a straight shot back to Onset
Pier and under Max's huge finish arch! Plenty of buoys and boat support will help guide you along the way.
The Bike leg is an out and back course on fast and flat terrain that travels through the
heart of Onset Village and Shell Point. During the 10 Mile Bike, you pass cranberry
bogs and highlight beautiful Onset Bay!
Your final leg winds through panoramic views of the East River in local neighborhoods with
flat terrain throughout. The 3.1 Mile course concludes near the bandstand with Max's huge
Finish Arch to welcome you! The post race festivities begin from here!
184 Onset Avenue
Onset, MA 02558
View Escape the Cape Parking in a larger map
From Boston(Points North):
Take Route 24 South to 495 South (Exit 14A Cape Cod). Continue for approx 19 Miles;
bear left onto Route 25 East. Continue 2 Miles to Exit 2 - Route 6/Route 28 Onset/Wareham.
Follow for approx ½ Mile - Take Right turn at Depot Street. Travel for ¼ mile bearing Left after train tracks.
Continue on Onset Avenue to signs for designated parking lots.
We have obtained discounted rates at the following hotels. Remember to mention
Max Performance to obtain the discount.
Short Term Rentals: (Mention the Triathlon for flexible time frames!)
Other local establishments can be found within the Onset Bay Association's Website - HERE
Check out some great photos of the race on Facebook here: Race Photos